|Adapted from Audrey Lee, MSUSD|
It does take a little behind the scenes work to find the right TED talks, so I have included a top ten list of my favorite TEDs. In the beginning, I spent a great amount of time trying to find talks that went with our current curriculum, but I have since let that go in favor of talks that will get them thinking about the bigger picture, making real life connections, asking questions, or questioning themselves. My students have gotten really great at connecting to what we are learning, so I feel like I am taking something away from them if I make it so obvious by showing a talk on river systems when we are learning about the agricultural practices of ancient civilizations.
|Kid President Rocks!|
- An 11 year old’s goal of peace through soccer balls
- The power of a great introduction
- What's wrong with our food system
- What makes a hero?
- Detention or Eco Club: Choosing your future
- How inventions change history (for better and for worse)
- Try something new for 30 days
- Plato’s Allegory of the Cave
- Why can't we see evidence of alien life?
- and of course this one, because "I think we all need a pep talk"